We are currently looking to fill the following roles:
1. DENTAL ASSISTANT AND RECEPTIONIST
Looking for a part time Dental Assistant/Receptionist to join our dynamic, friendly dedicated team at Green Road Dental in Bowmanville, Ontario, 40 minutes away from Toronto 401 East. The candidate should be able to perform both duties of dental assistant and receptionist, be self initiative, quick learner, flexible, able to multitask, highly motivated with good interpersonal skills and work as a team player, friendly with outgoing personality, patient focussed with strong communication skills. Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
Supports dental care delivery by preparing treatment room, patient, instruments, and materials; passing instruments and materials; performing procedures in compliance with the dental practice act.
Dental Assistant Job Duties:
- Prepares treatment room for patient by following prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Prepares patient for dental treatment by welcoming, comforting, seating, and draping patient.
- Provides information to patients and employees by answering questions and requests.
- Provides instrumentation by sterilizing and delivering instruments to treatment area; positioning instruments for dentist's access; suctioning; passing instruments.
- Provides materials by selecting, mixing, and placing materials on instruments and in the patient's mouth.
- Provides diagnostic information by exposing and developing radiographic studies; pouring, trimming, and polishing study casts.
- Maintains patient appearance and ability to masticate by fabricating temporary restorations; cleaning and polishing removable appliances.
- Helps dentist manage dental and medical emergencies by maintaining CPR certification, emergency drug and oxygen supply, and emergency telephone directory.
- Educates patients by giving oral hygiene, plaque control, and postoperative instructions.
- Documents dental care services by charting in patient records.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of dental equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains dental supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves dental resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Level 2 Dental Assisting Diploma
- CPR certificate
- HARP Certified
- Proficiency in Abledent software
Dental Reception duties
- Abledent proficient
- Spontaneously helping patients and staff, great attitude and passion for promoting a growing office with excellent service oriented patient skills
- Greeting patients and being the best "first impression" with excellent customer service skills
- Answering telephone and Booking appointments/Scheduling
- Dental insurance dealings
- Providing dental knowledge as first point of contact
- Following up on treatment needs
- Accounts Receivable
- Maintaining self-composure under pressure with great adaptability, initiative and confidentiality
Looking for a part time self initiating Dental Hygienist to join our dynamic, friendly dedicated team at Green Road Dental in Bowmanville, Ontario, 40 minutes away from Toronto 401 East. The candidate should be a quick learner, flexible, ability to multitask, highly motivated with good interpersonal skills and work as a team player, friendly with outgoing personality, patient focused with strong communication skills. Candidates based on Bowmanville is preferred. Please forward your resume to email@example.com
We provide comprehensive family dentistry to patients of all ages. We have a strong focus on excellent patient care and customer service. We are fully digital and paperless.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma in Dental Hygiene.
- Licensed as a Registered Dental Hygienist by the College of Dental Hygienists of Ontario.
- Experience working with children, seniors
- Proficient with Abledent
- Proficiency in clinical management of patients.
- High proficiency with computer software to enter dental treatment codes and schedule treatment
- Co-diagnosis - i.e. ability to discuss recommended treatment with patients
- Pro-active and hard-working and self-initiative and excellent team player
- Excellent technical dental hygiene skills
- Adherence to infection control protocols
- Excellent knowledge of the principles and practices of dental hygiene.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff and general patients
You will have access to excellent technology and all the best tools to deliver the best care for our patients.
- Dental Hygienist: 2 years (Preferred)